Best Natural Bird Diet Food Review 2020 Pet4food has been updated 15 times since it was first published in October of 2016. If you are hoping to attract some beautiful avians to your garden, try enticing them with one of these packs of nutritious Natural Bird Diet Food. Coming in varieties specifically designed for certain breeds and in mixed seed, cake, and pellet options good for multiple types of bird, they’ll have your outdoor area bustling with activity in no time. When users buy our independently chosen editorial choices, we may earn commissions to help fund Pet food. Skip to the best bird food on Pet food
10. Lyric Fruit & Nut Energy Natural Bird Diet Food
Lyric Fruit & Nut Energy Natural Bird Diet Food is made for the always-moving wild bird. It offers a mix of all-natural fruits, shell-free nuts and seeds that attract over ten varieties of winged visitors, including the stunning blue jay. It gives them an instant boost to fuel their flight. Keep the hungry birds coming with Lyric Fruit & Nut High Energy Mix. It provides the balanced nutrition wild birds crave: nuts for the long-lasting energy from protein and fats, and fruits to provide sugar for an instant boost. With zero fillers, wild birds can easily spot the nutritional ingredients and will be drawn to your backyard feeder to enjoy the gourmet goodies.
Lyric Fruit and Nut Wild Natural Bird Diet Food contains no fillers and provides high energy. Attracts chickadees, robins, orioles, blue jays, titmice, buntings, cardinals, grosbeaks, towhees, nuthatches and Cedar Waxwings. Contains nuts, roasted and shelled peanuts, Valencia peanuts, almonds, pecans, cashews, pistachios, cranberries, raisins, sunflower kernels, shelled pumpkin seeds, crimped corn.
- No unnecessary fillers
- Pieces won’t clog a hopper
- Attracts a lot of squirrels too
- A high-energy wild bird mix featuring a gourmet blend of select fruits, seeds and shell-free nuts
- 12 premium, all-natural ingredients
- Attracts chickadees, robins, orioles, blue jays, titmice, buntings, cardinals, grosbeaks, towhees, nuthatches and cedar waxwings
- No fillers for less waste
- A gourmet blend of ingredients
9. Wagner’s Black Oil Natural Bird Diet Food
Easy for small beaks to crack open, Wagner’s Black Oil boasts Natural Bird Diet Food thin-shelled sunflower seeds that will lure a colorful array of cardinals, woodpeckers, chickadees, and finches. This treatment works best when used with trays or hoppers and is beneficial during the winter months. Wagner’s Four Season Sunflower Seed is 100% black oil sunflower seed. Sunflower seed is the favorite seed of most wild birds. It is high in energy and has a thin shell making it easy for all birds to consume. Use tray feeders or hopper feeders to attract sunflower loving songbirds. Cardinals, Chickadees, Finches, Nuthatches, Woodpeckers and much more. Trust your backyard birds to the experts at Wagner’s.
Wagner’s Four Season Sunflower Seed is 100% black oil sunflower seed & Natural Bird Diet Food. Sunflower seed is the favorite seed of most wild birds. It is high in energy and has a thin shell making it easy for all birds to consume. Use tray feeders or hopper feeders to attract sunflower loving songbirds. Cardinals, Chickadees, Finches, Nuthatches, Woodpeckers and much more. Trust your backyard birds to the experts at Wagner’s.
- High fat and energy content
- Appetizing to many breeds
- Mixed with undesirable debris
- Attracts the widest variety of birds
- Thin shelled sunflower – makes it easy for small beaked birds to open
- This seed has the high energy content that all birds need to maintain their healthy lifestyle
- Highest quality grains used
- Made in the USA
8. Roudybush Daily Maintenance Natural Bird Diet Food
Roudybush Daily Maintenance Natural Bird Diet Food is made with birds who are six inches or taller in mind, like cockatoos and macaws. It comes in a resealable bag that keeps its contents fresh and is steamed to retain optimal nutrition and kill harmful bacteria.
Daily Maintenance Natural Bird Diet Food, Specially steam-pelleted food designed to retain beneficial nutrients while eliminating harmful bacteria. Give your birds the nutrition they need with no artificial colors or flavors and no animal by-products. It contains 11-Percent protein, 7-Percent fat. Use for pet birds year-round and for off-season breeding birds. No additional vitamins or mineral supplements needed. Please specify Nibbles, Crumbles, Mini Pellets, Small Pellets, Medium Pellets, or Large Pellets.
- Contains no animal by-products
- Doesn’t have added coloring
- Somewhat prone to crumbling
- No Added Sugars Or Colors
- 100-Percent Edible And No Animal By-Products
- Scientifically Formulated
7. Wild Delight Nut N Berry Natural Bird Diet Food
Excellent for both song and wild birds, Wild Delight Nut N Berry Natural Bird Diet Food boasts minerals and electrolytes important for giving these animals the energy they need. This well-diversified recipe is intended to satisfy a wide range of breeds. Wild Delight Nut N’ Berry is premium wild bird food blended to attract and feed the most desirable outdoor pets. It is a mix made with no fillers, such as millet, milo, or corn. This food has been formulated with the vitamins, minerals, and electrolytes birds are seeking in the wild. Nut N’ Berry is considered the best quality mix.
Primary Species Attracted: Songbirds, Woodpeckers, Cardinals, Finches, Titmice, Jays, Grosbeaks, Buntings, Nuthatches, Chickadees and other outdoor pets. Ingredients: Sunflower Kernels, Peanuts, Sunflower Seed, Safflower Seed, Pistachios, Hulled Pumpkin Seed, Dried Raisins, Dried Cranberries, Vitamin A Supplement, Vitamin D-3 Supplement, Vitamin E Supplement, Menadione Sodium Bisulfite Complex, Thiamine Mononitrate, Riboflavin, Niacin, Choline Chloride, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Biotin, Folic Acid, Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C), L-Lysine Monohydrochloride, DL-Methionine, Potassium Chloride, Sodium Bicarbonate, Manganous Oxide, Ferrous Sulfate, Copper Oxide, Calcium Iodate, Zinc Oxide, Magnesium Oxide, Dextrose, Artificial Flavor.
- Lots of nutrients and vitamins
- Will keep your feeder busy
- Berries can get sticky
- Advanced formula
- Contains no fillers
- Available in a 20lb size
- Bird food
- Premium mix attracts songbirds, woodpeckers, cardinals, finches, titmice, jays, grosbeaks, buntings, nuthatches and chickadees
- Contains sunflower kernels, peanuts, pistachios, cherries, raisins, vitamins, minerals and electrolytes
6. Lafeber’s Classic Nutri-Berries Natural Bird Diet Food
Lafeber’s Classic Nutri-Berries Natural Bird Diet Food can serve as a balanced meal or a treat for your feathered friends. It contains healthy omegas 3 and 6 and has a natural flavor from molasses that parrots love, not to mention they seem to enjoy holding the round-shaped nuggets, too. Feed your feathered friend a premium-quality diet that appeals to both her physical and behavioral needs with Lafeber Classic Nutri-Berries Parrot Bird Food. Amazons, African greys and Pionus show great enthusiasm for foods with taste and texture, which is why your bird is sure to love the delicious, balanced nutrition and fun-to-eat shape of this veterinarian-developed food.
Our Classic Nutri-Berries avian Natural Bird Diet Food is a nutritionally complete foraging food for parrots. Give a fresh bowl of Nutri-Berries each day as a complete food or as a nutritious snack. They offer all the vitamins, minerals, amino acids and antioxidants to live a long and healthy life while also providing your bird with important beak play and exercise. We hull the seeds and then coat them with stabilized vitamins and chelated minerals so that your bird receives the balanced nutrition they need, just like with pelleted diets. Plus, unground seeds provide the benefits of whole foods like birds have in the wild. Based in the US, we’re a second-generation-family-and-veterinarian-owned company in the farmlands of Illinois. All our foods use human-grade, non-GMO, and high-quality ingredients.
- Creates less mess than loose seeds
- Provides helpful beak exercise
- Tends to attract moths
- Unique shape and formulation include savory peanuts, hulled canary seed, millet, oat groats, cracked corn and much more in a fun-to-eat shape that promotes foraging and mental stimulation.
- Unlike most other seed-based foods, Lafeber hulls their seeds and grains first so the added vitamins and minerals are not lost when with the bird cracks and discard the shell.
- Omega-3 and 6 fatty acids promote healthy skin and feathers, while essential chelated minerals are quickly absorbed for maximum benefit.
- Made and hand-packed in the USA on the Lafeber farm using sulfite-free vegetables and fruits; naturally flavored and preserved.
- Veterinarians developed to deliver exceptional nutrition; can be served as a complete diet or an engaging, healthy treat.
5. Wagner’s Greatest Variety Blend Natural Bird Diet Food
Those with feeders in their garden hoping to attract several varieties of songbirds would do well with Wagner’s Greatest Variety Blend Natural Bird Diet Food. It’s a reasonably priced 16-pound bag with 11 different ingredients that are suitable for 13 breeds. Our ultimate food for the greatest variety of birds! Different birds have different food preferences which is why we have included the greatest variety of bird food ingredients in this product. With these 11 carefully selected bird food ingredients, we promise that Greatest Variety will attract all your favorite songbirds.
Wagner’s Greatest Variety Natural Bird Diet Food is our ultimate food for the greatest variety of birds. Just like people, different birds have different food preferences which are why we have included the greatest variety of bird food ingredients in this product. With these 11 carefully selected bird food ingredients, we guarantee that Wagner’s Greatest Variety will attract all your favorite songbirds to your feeder. The black oil sunflower, striped sunflower and sunflower chips, which together represent over 40% of the blend are the top food choice for the greatest number of wild bird species. By offering sunflower seeds in different sizes, both hulled and unhulled, birds of various sizes can find their favorite food. White millet, red millet, cracked corn, and red milo will attract a variety of ground feeders such as Tree Sparrows, Song Sparrows, House Sparrows, Dark-eyed Juncos, and Mourning Doves to your backyard. Nyjer, peanut kernels, canary seed and safflower, will attract specific species of preferred birds ranging from Cardinals, Chickadees and Titmice to Jays, Finches and Woodpeckers. Trust your backyard birds to the experts at Wagner’s.
- Hopper and tube ready
- Has 40 percent sunflower
- Produces excess waste
- Our best mix to attract the greatest variety of colorful songbirds
- A gourmet blend with 11 different ingredients including 40% sunflower
- Can be fed in a tube, hopper, or platform feeders
- Highest quality grains used in blending
- Made in the USA
4. C&S Peanut Delight Natural Bird Diet Food
Woodpeckers, nuthatches, blue jays, and many others love these doughy C&S Peanut Delight Natural Bird Diet Food, a pack of twelve cakes that can be used year-round since they’re guaranteed not to melt. They offer effortless feeding and will provide your avian companions with plenty of energy.
Cands products cs12507 11-3/4-ounce peanut delight wild bird Natural Bird Diet Food no-melt suet dough
- Simple to freeze and save for later
- Block shape prevents spilled food
- Enticing to undesired starlings
- Blending the same high-quality beef kidney fat with a base of corn meal and roasted peanuts produces CandS Delights
- Other ingredients are added and mixed into a soft dough texture and then pressed into a cake form
- CandS’s process, unlike others who pour their dough products into a tray, creates the only true no melt suet product line in the world
- This product unmatched in the industry for year-round feeding in all types of weather
- Peanut Delight
3. Harrison’s High Potency Coarse Natural Bird Diet Food
Harrison’s High Potency Coarse Natural Bird Diet Food consists of a special blend for medium to large parrots who have specific nutritional needs due to conditions like low weight, illness or stress. It’s also ideal for birds who are weaning or are in the middle of breeding. Year-round formulas for birds of all sizes, especially African greys, cockatoos, large conures, Eclectus, macaws and pionus.
- Certified organic
- Doesn’t contain wheat
- Requires little supplementation
- Priority Fast Shipping – 100% Organic Certified
- Nutritious daily bird food diet for medium to large parrots
- For birds that are molting, overweight, underweight, particularly active, housed in a cold climate, recovering from an illness or affected by liver or kidney disease
- Made in the USA
2. Chubby Mealworms Bulk Natural Bird Diet Food
Those who don’t like to deal with live worms will appreciate Chubby Mealworms Bulk Dried Natural Bird Diet Food. It’s available in up to a 66-pound bag and is good for wild birds as well as chickens, plus each hefty package has a solid handle built into it for easy carrying. Whether you just need a small tub of dried mealworms or a bulk 22Lb box of dried mealworms we have many different sizes available for you at the best prices online – guaranteed! At ChubbyMealworms we source all of our own dried mealworms so that we can be sure that they are of the highest quality and as fresh as possible. Don’t risk any other company, buy your dried mealworms from us.
Natural Bird Diet Food Mealworms are a natural product that is high in protein, vitamins and high-grade edible oils. Wild Birds, Poultry, (especially chickens), Hedgehogs, Squirrels, Fish, Reptiles, Budgies, Sugar Gliders and countless other animals love dried mealworms. Feed these high energy dried mealworms to your pets or wildlife for a tasty, healthy treat. Extra protein in winter also makes an enormous difference in laying quantity in chickens. Try scattering them around to encourage natural foraging. Dried mealworms are probably the most popular treat that chicken keepers use to tame their birds. If you are using these with young chicks soak them in water first to make them easier to digest. Although you can buy live mealworms, dried mealworms are just as good and as they can be kept for a long time so you do not have the hassle of having to buy them on a regular basis. Dried Mealworms are also a lot better for anyone that is squeamish!
- Good for busy poultry farms
- Lasts longer than fresh worms
- Contains a high amount of protein
- Chubby Mealworms are the #1 Brand of Dried Mealworms in North America
- For Wild Birds, Poultry, Hedgehogs, Reptiles, etc.
- Top Quality Packaging for Ease of Handling and Freshness
- Easier to handle and store than live mealworms
- Don’t risk any other brand
1. ZuPreem Natural Bird Diet Food
Used by breeders and recommended by avian veterinarians, ZuPreem Natural Bird Diet Food l is ideal for small- to medium-sized parrots, including African greys, amazons, Eclectus, and cockatoos. It was formulated by an expert nutritionist and is fortified with vitamins and amino acids.
ZuPreem Avian Maintenance Natural Bird Diet Food for Parrots & Conjures. This ZuPreem Avian Diet is enjoyed by conjures, African greys, small Amazons, small cockatoos, mini macaws, pionus, caiques, Jardine’s parrots, Eclectus and other medium-sized parrots. ZuPreem Avian Maintenance Natural is a nutritious diet designed to meet all the established nutrient requirements of various types of pet birds. Formulated by a veterinarian and Ph.D. nutritionist, ZuPreem Avian Maintenance combines the highest quality ingredients with strict standards of quality control to ensure that your bird receives the highest quality nutrition.
- Made in the USA
- Provides essential minerals
- Pellets are easy to digest
- Recommended By Veterinarians And Fed By Top Breeders Worldwide
- Highly Nutritious, Easily Digested Extruded Pellets
- A Nutritious Diet Your Bird Needs Every Day For Good Health
BIRD Food FAQ
1. Why is it important to buy my BIRD different food according to her current life stage?
Like humans, animals have different nutritional needs depending on their age. As an example, kittens need diets rich in protein and calories in order to support fast-paced growth and development. Older BIRDs may need low-calorie food or one with specific nutrients to minimize the risk of weight-gain and age-related issues. “All life stage” option is not advisable for certain animals and may have unintended adverse effects. Many dry BIRD foods are specifically made for the elder BIRDs, but…Your best bet is to consult with your veterinarian so he or she can help you make a more informed decision.
2. Should I use the feeding recommendations on the food label?
While helpful as general guidelines, feeding recommendations on the bag labels may not be the right fit for your feline depending on her age, overall health status, and lifestyle, so consult with your vet.
3. Is my pet overweight?
There are a few ways to tell:
- Run your hands along her flank—you should be able to easily feel but not see her ribs.
- Look down at your feline from above—there should be a clear narrowing at the waist.
- Look at your kitty from the side—you should see a narrowing from this angle, too.
4. Can my kitty have “people” food?
Avoid the temptation to slip her scraps from your plate. Aside from the risk of accidentally giving her something toxic, giving your feline small treats can easily lead to weight gain and nutrient imbalances.
5. Can BIRD food go Bad?
This depends on the food and the way it’s stored:
- All feline food should be used before the expiration date on the label.
- If your kitty is “free feed,” you can leave her dry granules out as long as it isn’t moist or exposed to high heat.
- Canned food should be thrown away after it’s been left out for 4+ hours, and opened cans can be stored in the fridge for up to a week.
- Wash and refill your pet’s food and water dishes at least weekly.
6. How much should I feed my BIRD?
As mentioned, the amount you feed your pet depends on its age, health status, activity level, and a few other factors. Your vet can help you determine how much is right for your animal. A typical 10-lb kitty needs only around 250 calories per day to maintain an appropriate lean body mass.
P S. These adult dry foods with real chicken meats (and other poultry) are great for your adult BIRD. You can serve her this popular chicken meal without the fear of gaining extra pounds.
7. How much water should I give her?
Always have fresh water available for your animal! Proper hydration helps her digest her nutrients and avoid health problems like dehydration and urinary tract infections.
Important to note that proper hydration is even more important when the BIRD is eating only dry BIRD food.
8. Why does my BIRD eat only from the middle of her bowl?
If your BIRD’s dish is too deep and narrow, then she may struggle eating out of it because the sides of the dish can cause pain if her sensitive whiskers bump up against them. To compensate, she may try to eat out of the center only.
9. Should I change up my BIRD’s food from time to time, or keep it the same?
This is highly individual and depends on the unique preferences and health needs of your furry friend. If you want to change your pet’s food, do it slowly and introduce new things to her diet in small amounts.
10. When should I transition my BIRD from kitten to adult BIRD food?
Expect to change over your kitten’s food around age one. Transition slowly and be sure to monitor her response to ensure she’s adjusting well.
What is the best BIRD food recommended by vets?
All of the products we review are recommended by vets for their quality. Out of all the vet-approved BIRD foods, we recommend Nalo Adult & Kitten Grain-Free Dry BIRD Food and Wellness Natural Grain Free Wet Canned BIRD Food.
What is the best brand of BIRD food?
Based on our research we recommend Nalo and Wellness brands of BIRD food. However different BIRDs have different needs, so it’s important to thoroughly read through the reviews and then decide what’s best for your BIRD.
What is the best BIRD food for BIRDs?
Every BIRD is unique and all of the products we reviewed are considered the best in terms of ingredients quality. Our top pick for dry BIRD food is Nulo Adult & Kitten Grain-Free Dry BIRD Food. Our top pick for wet BIRD food is Wellness Natural Grain Free Wet Canned BIRD Food.
What is the best BIRD food 2020?
We have done the research and so far in 2020, we recommend Nulo Adult & Kitten Grain-Free Dry BIRD Food as well as Wellness Natural Grain Free Wet Canned BIRD Food.