Every animal you choose to keep within your homestead deserves a high quality and easily accessible Bird Diet Food. This Bird Diet Food will allow them to attain optimum growth, stay healthy, and live life to the fullest. Adding that, there is no doubt about the fact that pets have had their Bird Diet Food supplied on a daily basis, but what those lovely birds flying over our heads and playing good, soothing music? We are talking about the best parrot Bird Diet Food!
Are you of the school of thought that these Bird Diet Food should survive on the sparse fruits, bugs, and nuts they manage to find? Of course, and that is why you need to invest in parrot Bird Diet Food. The good news is that there are plenty of brands of these foods out there in the market. However, not all parrot foods are created equally; some are definitely much better than others. Since your bottom line, just like anybody else, is to ensure that you choose the best food, getting recommendations is a welcoming move.
After many hours of research, which involved testing and trying out dozens of parrot Bird Diet Food available in the market; we have narrowed to the top ten best products for your consideration in 2020.
10. ZuPreem FruitBlend Premium Bird Diet Food for Medium Birds
ZuPreem FruitBlend Premium Bird Diet Food for Medium Birds. It does say natural flavors on the package. But, you should know that there is a multitude of artificial coloring. I’d love to feed something that doesn’t have the coloring, but my conure won’t have anything to do with the all-natural pellets.
Are you looking for one of the best bird diets to give your parrots? If so, then the FruitBlend Flavor AvianMaintenance Premium Diet for Parrots by ZuPreem is a perfect choice. This fruit flavored food is specifically formulated for Conures, Greys, Caiques, Amazons, Senegals, Pionus, and other large to medium parrots. Its premium ingredients have been thoroughly cooked for optimum digestibility. Available in exciting shapes, this highly nutritious diet is blended to meet all the nutritional needs of the said pet birds.
- Item weight -17.2 pound
- Ingredients –minerals, vitamins, and fruit blend flavors
- Fruit shapes and colors
- Natural Flavors
- Essential nutrients birds need every day
- Best-selling ZuPreem avian line
9. Sleek & Sassy Nutritional Garden Macaw Parrot Bird Diet Food
Sleek & Sassy Nutritional Garden Macaw Parrot Bird Diet Food. Our advanced formula Complete Pellet Diet plus a tasty assortment of enzyme-rich Whole Grains, Seeds, Legumes, Papaya, Pineapple, Banana Chips, Green Bell Pepper, Red Chili Peppers, Carrots, Sweet Potato, Sweet Garden Peas, Whole Brazil Nuts, Filberts(Hazelnuts) and Almonds! Unlike many companies, we choose to package all of our products in Oxygen filled packaging to ensure enzyme-rich seeds and grain to optimize the nutritional value. We do not Nitrogen flush or Vacuum pack our products which evacuate the oxygen to increase shelf life. Whole Seeds & Grain should always be stored in an oxygen-filled environment to maintain their live enzyme activity and viability. Enzymes are CRUCIAL in aiding the digestion and assimilation of most nutrients. Taking away the oxygen will kill the live enzymes and reduce the nutritional value.
The Sleek & Sassy Nutritional Garden Macaw Parrot Diet is the leading parrot food for building strong bodies. This complete pellet diet features an advanced formula with a tasty collection of enzymes rich in whole grains, papaya, legumes, banana chips, pineapple, red chili peppers, green chili peppers, carrots, and sweet potatoes as well as whole Brazil nuts, sweet garden peas, almonds, and hazelnuts. The beauty of this product is that its nutritional value is optimized and preserved during packaging where it utilizing oxygen-filled packaging technology. With artificial colors and sulfites, this parrot food is safe with no side effects.
- Item weight -20 pounds
- Main ingredients –vitamins, minerals, human-grade fruits, nuts, vegetables, and enriched amino acids
- Family Owned & Operated in Oregon since 1983
- All Natural Ingredients
- Blended with #1 Human-Grade Fruits, Vegetables & Nuts
- Vitamin, Mineral & Amino Acid Enriched
- No Artificial Colors or Sulfites (SO²)
8. LAFEBER’S Premium Daily Bird Diet Food Pellets Pet Food for Parrots
LAFEBER’S Premium Daily Bird Diet Food Pellets Pet Food for Parrots. With Lafeber’s Premium Daily Diet, you don’t have to worry about your bird eating only one type of seed. Each pellet has all the nutrients your bird needs for a full life. The recipe begins with a high-quality blend of natural ingredients like ground corn, soybean meal, oat groats, and human-grade whole egg–the world’s most digestive form of protein. Then, they fortify the mix with essential amino acids, vitamins, and minerals. Lastly, they stir in the taste of molasses and form it all into a pellet. The result is a 100% edible, highly digestible pellet that’s virtually waste and mess-free, and leads to improved health, greater stamina, better feathering, and longer life. If you’re concerned about good health and long life for your bird, begin with proper nutrition. Begin with Lafeber’s Premium Daily Diet.
Are you worried about your pet birds eating only one type of seed? If so, then your concerns have been responded adequately by the LAFEBER’S Premium Daily Diet Pellets Pet Bird Food for Parrots. With a high-quality blend of all-natural ingredients, each pellet has all the essential nutrients needed for a full life. This 100 percent edible diet is highly digestible leading to improved health, better feathering, greater stamina, and longer life. The good news is that this parrot food, which is virtually mess/waste-free, does not contain any GMO traces.
- Main ingredients –soybean meal, ground corn, human-made whole egg, and oat groats
- Other ingredients –essential amino acids, minerals, and vitamins
- Product dimensions -6.5 by 8.5 by 8.5 inches
- Item weight -5 pounds
- 100% edible
- Highly digestible pellet food that’s virtually waste and mess-free
- Made from quality ingredients like ground corn, soybean meal, oat groats, and egg
- Fortified with vitamins and minerals
7. TOP’S Outstanding Bird Diet Food PELLETS for Parrot
TOP’S Outstanding Bird Diet Food PELLETS for Parrot. Organic alfalfa, organic hulled millet, organic barley, organic rice, organic sunflower seed hulled, organic sesame seeds unhulled, organic quinoa whole, organic pumpkin, organic buckwheat hulled, organic dandelion leaf powder, organic carrot powder, organic spinach leaf powder, organic purple dulse, kelp, organic rosehips powder, organic rosehips crushed, organic orange peel powder, organic lemon peel powder, organic rosemary whole leaf, organic cayenne ground, organic crushed red chili peppers, organic nettle leaf, cinnamon.
The TOP’S Outstanding Bird PELLETS is a complete diet for your parrot. It is an outstanding source of all-natural and essential nutrients for a healthy life. These bird pellets feature 100 percent-certified organic ingredients. This balanced diet meal contains ingredients such as eco-farmed rice, organic barley, millet hulled, and alfalfa leaf as well as organic sunflower seed hulled, sesame seeds hulled, quinoa whole, carrot powder, seaweeds, rose hips, orange peel powder, and dandelion leaf powder among others. Top’s pellets are cold-pressed to keep natural enzymes, minerals, vitamins, and all the included nutrients intact.
- Item weight -4 pounds
- Ingredients -100 % certified organic
- e use suggested bird sizes but you ultimately choose depends on both the size of your bird and what size food pieces your bird normally prefers. Generally, if you go a little smaller with the pellet size then you will have less waste. TOP’s All Size Hookbills Pellets is best suited for large and medium parrots, such as macaws, amazons, Eclectus and cockatoos.
- TOPs are the only non-corn based USDA Certified complete diet bird food. Most other competing brands use GMO corn as the main ingredient. We don’t eat GMO corn and do not think your bird should either
- Vitamins, minerals, amino acids, and other nutrients for a happy and healthy parrot. Naturally preserved with Rosemary, Rose Hips, Lemon and Orange Peel
- TOP’s outstanding pellets (4 lb) do not contain any fillers, like soy or corn, or BHA, BHT or ethoxyquin. We use only fresh, natural ingredients and avoid all artificial colors, flavors, preservatives, or sucrose/sugar.
- Measures 1/4″ in diameter – Feed your companion approximately as much as they want each day, the pellets are cold-pressed to keep the natural nutrition intact.
6. Vitakraft Menu Care Complex Vitamin Fortified Parrot Bird Diet Food
Serve your Parrot a colorful, high diversity mixture of seeds, grains, tropical fruits, and vegetables, including sunflower, rolled peas, whole peanuts, carob pods, alfalfa rings, bananas, raisins, and chili peppers. DHA Omega-3’s to support brain health, heart function, vision, luxurious feathering, and a strong immune system. Fortified with essential vitamins and minerals for parrots. The high bio-availability of Menu ingredients means that your bird gets the nutrients he needs in a form that’s easy to digest, to help keep him healthy, happy and playful. Omega-3’s help keep your bird’s skin smooth and his feathers bright and colorful. Healthy skin and feathers are not just for looks – they feel better too!
Nothing tastes as great as the Vitakraft Menu Care Complex Vitamin Fortified Parrot Food. This diet serves your pet bird with a high diversity blend of grains, seeds, vegetables, and tropical fruits. It also features the most sought after DHA Omega-3’s, which supports brain health, vision, heart function, strong immune system, and better feathering. Unlike other parrot foods of the same class, this one boasts of a high bioavailability of menu ingredients, which implies that your parrot gets all the needed nutrients in a form that is easy to digest. Any pet bird fed with this food is playful, colorful, healthy, and happy!
- Main ingredients –sunflower, carob pods, whole peanuts, bananas, chili peppers, and alfalfa
- Other ingredients –essential vitamins, minerals, and Omega-3 essential oils
- Item weight -4.9 pounds
- Product dimensions -12.5 by 11 by 5 inches
- Great-Tasting Flavor Your Parrot Will Love Includes A Healthy Mixture Of Seeds, Grains, Tropical Fruits And Vegetables.
- Key Nutrients Support Overall Health And Well Being While Providing A Balanced Diet.
- Omega-3’S Keep Your Bird’S Feathers Bright And Colorful.
- DHA Helps Maintain Heart, Brain And Respiratory Function
- Resealable Bag Retains Freshness.
5. Avian Science Volkman Super Parrotlet Bird Diet Food
Open as you need a Pack of 2 for your parrotlet. Super Parrotlet Mix is a natural nutritionally balanced diet mix for your special Parrotlet made up of Safflower Seed, White Proso Millet, Buckwheat, Small Crack Corn, Oat Groats, Canary Grass Seed, Brown Paddy Rice, Sunflower Chips, Small Black Oil Sunflower, Peanut Dices, Vitamized Oat Groats, Hemp Seed, Carrot Dices, Kibbled Corn, Cantalope Seed, Dehydrated Green Peas, Red Bell pepper Dices, Dundicut Peppers, Spinach Flakes and Safflower/Orange Oil (Vitamin C used as a natural preservative).
Are you looking for one of the best special food for your parrotlets? If so, the Avian Science Volkman Super Parrotlet is the right choice. With this diet, your pet bird will get a perfect mix of ingredients needed for faster growth and a healthy life. This highly nutritional diet contains extra clean seed ingredients including safflower seeds, sunflower oil, pumpkin seeds, mixed nuts, and others. The Avian Science Volkman Super Parrotlet is also best suited for other tiny birds like Australian Parakeets, Bourkes, and Small Conures.
- Item weight -4 pounds
- Ingredients –seed mix
- Product dimensions -15 by 11 by 2 inches
- Super Parrotlet Mix is a natural nutritionally balanced diet mix for your special Parrotlet
- Species-Specific formula for Parrotlets
- Extra clean bird seed mix
4. Harrison’s Adult Lifetime Coarse Bird Diet Food
Maintenance Formula for Medium to Large Birds An Adult Lifetime formula may be offered after a bird has completed a dietary program of a High Potency Formula for a period of 6 months. This year-round maintenance formula meets the nutritional requirements for healthy, non-breeding, non-molting birds including pionus, Amazons, cockatoos, macaws and another medium to large parrots. CERTIFIED ORGANIC BY INTERNATIONAL CERTIFICATION SERVICES, INC.
The Harrison’s Bird Foods Adult Lifetime Coarse is a maintenance formula for adult birds, including medium to large parrots. It is recommended that this diet be offered to birds after they have completed a high potency dietary program for six months. The beauty of this food is that it meets all the nutritional requirements for healthy, non-molting, and non-breeding birds including Amazons, Pionus, Macaws, Cockatoos, and other (medium to large) parrots. This chemical-free product does not have any preservatives, sweeteners for flavors, or artificial colors.
- Ingredients –premium, whole, and certified organic ingredients
- Item weight -5 pounds
- Product dimensions -13 by 8 by 3 inches
- Maintenance Formula for Medium to Large Birds
- USDA NOP Organic Seal ensures the highest quality, chemical-free products for your bird
- Premium, whole, certified organic, formulated diet for pet birds
- No preservatives, artificial colors, sweeteners for flavors
- This year-round maintenance formula meets the nutritional requirements for healthy, non-breeding, non-molting birds including pionus, Amazons, cockatoos, macaws and other medium to large parrots.
3. Higgins Intune Premium Natural Bird Diet Food Mix for Parrots
Serve your parrot complete daily nutrition in tune with your bird’s well-being. Delicious and irresistible natural pellet diet appeal to birds without artificial colors, flavors or preservatives. Guaranteed percentages of added vitamin and minerals PLUS encapsulated digestive probiotics help ensure companion birds receive the nutrients necessary for good health. No supplements are necessary! If fruits, nuts or other treats are provided, tey should be less than 10% of the diet. This will help ensure your pet bird will get the vitamins, minerals and other nutrients necessary for good health. Approx 1/2″ pellets.
Serve your lovely parrot complete daily nutrition in line with your bird’s overall well-being offered by the irresistible and delicious natural pellet diet –the Higgins Intune Premium Natural Food Mix for Parrots. With no artificial flavors, preservatives, or colors, this product is well known for the optimum delivery of nutrients. The guaranteed percentages of added minerals and vitamins plus encapsulated digestive probiotics ensure parrots receive all the nutrients needed for good health.
- Item weight -3 pounds
- Product dimensions -5 by 5 by 5 inches
- Ingredients –DHA Omega-3&6 fatty acids, natural fruit flavors & aroma, protected probiotics
- Contains 1- 3Lb
- Enriched With Dha, Omega Fatty Acids As Well As Digestive Probiotics.
- Contains No Artificial Colors, Flavors Or Preservatives.
2. LAFEBER’S Nutri-Berries Parrot Bird Diet Food Bundle
At Lafeber Company, we’re passionate about birds and bird health. Veterinarian and family-owned, we’ve been making bird food for more than 30 years in the USA. Located on Dr. Lafeber’s great grandfather’s farmland in Cornell, Illinois, our board-certified veterinarians and nutritionists carefully craft our recipes to provide the most advanced nutrition for companion birds.
If you are seeking to maintain your bird’s health with diets containing human-grade ingredients, exciting textures, and unmatched tastes, then you just need to consider the LAFEBER’S Nutri-Berries Parrot Food Bundle. Irrespective of the variety you choose, all of them are nutritionally complete with no traces of GMO and artificial flavors, colors, or preservatives. Its human-grade ingredients with real vegetables and fruit pieces are coated with chelated minerals and stabilized vitamins to ensure your beautifully feathered companion get the much-needed nutrients in each bite. Unlike other seed diets, this product offers an exciting eating experience by stimulating both the brain and the taste buds.
- Product dimensions -10 by 6.8 by 2 inches
- Item weight -3.15 pounds
- Bundle includes 4, 10 ounces bags -1 Tropical Fruit, 1 Garden Veggie, 1 Sunny Orchard, and 1 EL Paso
- Bundle includes four, 10 oz bags of LAFEBER’S Gourmet Nutri-Berries for Parrots in a factory sealed box: 1 Tropical Fruit, 1 El Paso, 1 Sunny Orchard, and 1 Garden Veggie. **If your items do not come in a box showing the specifics of the case contents on the LAFEBER’S label as shown on the photos, you are not receiving quality LAFEBER’S products**
- All varieties are nutritionally complete foraging parrot foods formulated by top avian veterinarians and avian nutritionists.
- The round Nutri-Berries shape encourages important beak play and exercise and offers twice the foraging as pellets, which helps prevent bird boredom and feather picking.
- Nutri-Berries are made with non-GMO and human-grade ingredients, with real pieces of fruits and vegetables, and without artificial colors, flavors, or preservatives.
- Nutri-Berries are rich in antioxidants and Omega 3 and 6 balanced, which help support healthy skin, feathers, and immune system.
1. Zupreem Medium-Large FruitBlend Flavor Bird Diet Food
FruitBlend Flavor with natural flavors provides healthy and delicious nutrition for everyday feeding for Conures, Caiques, African Greys, Senegals, Amazons, Eclectus, Small Cockatoos and other medium to large parrots that prefer this pellet size.
The Zupreem Medium-Large FruitBlend Flavor Diet is highly recommended by veterinarians and fed by top breeders across the world. This maintenance diet provides balanced nutrition to maintain good health among medium to large birds. It is formulated by experienced veterinarians and nutritionists who combine top quality ingredients while maintaining strict quality standards for your bird pet’s health. This product is created in five fruit shapes in five crazy colors for fun and it contains at least 21 minerals & vitamins in every bite. It is available in fruity taste and aroma delighting your parrot’s senses.
- Item weight -3.5 pounds
- Ingredients –vitamins, minerals, and fruity flavors
- Product dimensions -8 by 4.5 by 10 inches
- Fun Fruit Shapes and Colors to Entice Your Bird
- Premium Daily Diet that Provides Balanced Nutrition Your Bird Needs
- Natural Flavors
BIRD Food FAQ
1. Why is it important to buy my BIRD different food according to her current life stage?
Like humans, animals have different nutritional needs depending on their age. As an example, kittens need diets rich in protein and calories in order to support fast-paced growth and development. Older BIRDs may need low-calorie food or one with specific nutrients to minimize the risk of weight-gain and age-related issues. “All life stage” option is not advisable for certain animals and may have unintended adverse effects. Many dry BIRD foods are specifically made for the elder BIRDs, but…Your best bet is to consult with your veterinarian so he or she can help you make a more informed decision.
2. Should I use the feeding recommendations on the food label?
While helpful as general guidelines, feeding recommendations on the bag labels may not be the right fit for your feline depending on her age, overall health status, and lifestyle, so consult with your vet.
3. Is my pet overweight?
There are a few ways to tell:
- Run your hands along her flank—you should be able to easily feel but not see her ribs.
- Look down at your feline from above—there should be a clear narrowing at the waist.
- Look at your kitty from the side—you should see a narrowing from this angle, too.
4. Can my kitty have “people” food?
Avoid the temptation to slip her scraps from your plate. Aside from the risk of accidentally giving her something toxic, giving your feline small treats can easily lead to weight gain and nutrient imbalances.
5. Can BIRD food go Bad?
This depends on the food and the way it’s stored:
- All feline food should be used before the expiration date on the label.
- If your kitty is “free feed,” you can leave her dry granules out as long as it isn’t moist or exposed to high heat.
- Canned food should be thrown away after it’s been left out for 4+ hours, and opened cans can be stored in the fridge for up to a week.
- Wash and refill your pet’s food and water dishes at least weekly.
6. How much should I feed my BIRD?
As mentioned, the amount you feed your pet depends on its age, health status, activity level, and a few other factors. Your vet can help you determine how much is right for your animal. A typical 10-lb kitty needs only around 250 calories per day to maintain an appropriate lean body mass.
P S. These adult dry foods with real chicken meats (and other poultry) are great for your adult BIRD. You can serve her this popular chicken meal without the fear of gaining extra pounds.
7. How much water should I give her?
Always have fresh water available for your animal! Proper hydration helps her digest her nutrients and avoid health problems like dehydration and urinary tract infections.
Important to note that proper hydration is even more important when the BIRD is eating only dry BIRD food.
8. Why does my BIRD eat only from the middle of her bowl?
If your BIRD’s dish is too deep and narrow, then she may struggle eating out of it because the sides of the dish can cause pain if her sensitive whiskers bump up against them. To compensate, she may try to eat out of the center only.
9. Should I change up my BIRD’s food from time to time, or keep it the same?
This is highly individual and depends on the unique preferences and health needs of your furry friend. If you want to change your pet’s food, do it slowly and introduce new things to her diet in small amounts.
10. When should I transition my BIRD from kitten to adult BIRD food?
Expect to change over your kitten’s food around age one. Transition slowly and be sure to monitor her response to ensure she’s adjusting well.
What is the best BIRD food recommended by vets?
All of the products we review are recommended by vets for their quality. Out of all the vet-approved BIRD foods, we recommend Nalo Adult & Kitten Grain-Free Dry BIRD Food and Wellness Natural Grain Free Wet Canned BIRD Food.
What is the best brand of BIRD food?
Based on our research we recommend Nalo and Wellness brands of BIRD food. However different BIRDs have different needs, so it’s important to thoroughly read through the reviews and then decide what’s best for your BIRD.
What is the best BIRD food for BIRDs?
Every BIRD is unique and all of the products we reviewed are considered the best in terms of ingredients quality. Our top pick for dry BIRD food is Nulo Adult & Kitten Grain-Free Dry BIRD Food. Our top pick for wet BIRD food is Wellness Natural Grain Free Wet Canned BIRD Food.
What is the best BIRD food 2020?
We have done the research and so far in 2020 we recommend Nulo Adult & Kitten Grain-Free Dry BIRD Food as well as Wellness Natural Grain Free Wet Canned BIRD Food.