Horse Feed get spooked easily. It’s one of those weird things that equestrians love and hate about them. Horses can sometimes serve as a makeshift alarm system. Because of their loyalty and superior senses, they can keep up safe by sensing danger we cannot perceive. Sometimes, a horse’s nerves could be a bad thing. Horses are primarily performance animals. They all perform whether professionally or domestically. An overly sensitive horse could underperform and potentially cost owners profit. To prevent this outcome, equestrians and equine experts came up with calming pastes. As responsible horse owners, we must invest in only the best calming paste for horses with overly sensitive nerves.
In this section, we are going to be looking at some of the most popular calming pastes on the market at the moment. We are going to be briefly exploring their features and advantages. We hope that this section will help you make your decision easier.
Your 4-legged buddy will whinny his approval of Tribute Kalm ‘N EZ GC Plus Glucosamine & Chondroitin Horse Feed! Developed especially for mature horses, this pellet feed is low in non-structural carbohydrates (NSC), and provides older horses with glucosamine, chondroitin and organic sulfur (MGM) for joint support, enhanced range of motion and respiratory health. NSC feed is especially beneficial for hyperactive horses or those with insulin resistance, laminitis, PPID, or tying-up issues. Designed to provide higher fat content, essential amino acids, omega fatty acids, along with digestible fiber to help keep him healthy as a horse.
- A pellet-style feed designed for all classes of mature horses
- An NSC formula that may help hyperactive horses or horses with insulin resistance, PPID, laminitis or tying-up issues.
- Formulated with glucosamine, chondroitin, and organic sulfur (MSM) to support joint health, range of motion and respiratory health.
- It contains essential fatty acids, omega-3 and omega-6, for healthy skin and coat.
- Formulated with an optimal balance of essential amino acids to support muscle maintenance and recovery.
Provide your hoofed friend with the nourishment he needs with Buckeye Nutrition Safe N’ Easy Pelleted Horse Food. This controlled-starch-and-sugar formula helps promote stable blood sugar concentrations and is high in fiber to support a healthy hindgut. It eliminates the need for high-starch grains by utilizing digestible energy sources from fiber and fat. This diet also contains optimum concentrations of amino acids, vitamins and minerals. With no corn or molasses, Buckeye Nutrition Safe N’ Easy Pelleted Food supports horses and ponies with carbohydrate sensitivities and those requiring a low-calorie diet.
- Pelleted horse food that provides your hoofed friend with the nourishment he needs.
- Controlled-starch-and-sugar formula that helps promote stable blood sugar concentrations.
- Eliminates the need for high-starch grains by utilizing digestible energy sources from fiber and fat.
- It contains optimum concentrations of amino acids, vitamins and minerals.
- Supports horses and ponies with carbohydrate sensitivities and those requiring a low-calorie diet.
Enhance your equine’s diet with the Buckeye Nutrition Ultimate Finish 40 Pelleted Fat Horse Supplement. A 40% fat supplement used to increase calorie intake, it’s ideal for performance horses who need to maintain or gain weight. It’s derived from vegetable sources to be highly palatable and digestible, and it mixes great with top dressing or grain mixes. Plus, the omega 3 and omega 6 fatty acids will help to enhance skin and hair condition. And it all comes from the USA-based family-owned plant, who practices a “field to bucket” philosophy with 100% traceable ingredients.
- The fortified soft pellet is a unique, highly digestible blend of fat and all-natural proteins. Mixes great with pelleted feeds or grain mixes.
- Palatable and dense fat source allows for smaller meal size. Pellet form is ideal for top dressing or grain mixes as an oil supplement alternative.
- Omega 3 and omega 6 fatty acids reduce inflammation and also support immune function.
- Low starch and sugar is safe for horses with metabolic issues to support an ideal weight.
- Decreases thermal stress during exercise to help maintain a safe and comfortable body temperature.
Enhance your equine’s diet with the Buckeye Nutrition Ultimate Finish 100 Granulated Fat Horse Supplement. A unique 100% dry fat supplement used to increase calorie intake, it’s ideal for active horses who need to maintain or gain weight. It’s derived from vegetable sources to be highly palatable and digestible, and it mixes great with pelleted feeds or grain mixes. And it all comes from the USA-based family-owned plant, who practices a “field to bucket” philosophy with 100% traceable ingredients.
- Prilled form is highly digestible with a long shelf life. Highly palatable formula and has a low inclusion rate providing highly digestible fats in a smaller meal size. Mixes great with pelleted feeds or grain mixes.
- Optimal calorie delivery for added stamina and performance, decreasing thermal stress. Increases weight gain and supports a healthy and brilliant hair coat.
- Added source of Omega 3 and 6 fatty acids for reduced inflammation, muscle support and brilliant hair coat.
- Low starch and sugar is safe for horses with metabolic issues. A controlled release of highly digestible fats which can safely be fed to horses with metabolic issues.
- Decreases thermal stress during exercise to help maintain a safe and comfortable body temperature.
Nourish your stallion with superior-quality nutrition by feeding him Standlee Certified Alfalfa Grab and Go Compressed Bale Horse Feed. The naturally sun-cured alfalfa is moderately high in protein and calories while being low in sugar with digestible fiber to support the health of your equine friend. This feed is formulated by allowing Standlee’s Premium Western Forage to grow to a length that mimics natural grazing for your pal—the plants are then cut and air-dried under the sun. The forage is bailed at the optimal time to ensure the freshest and best quality feed for your friend and fractures in the forage create a palatable residue for your sidekick that resembles dust. Bands on the hay should be cut 8-10 hours prior to feeding to allow the bale to expand and form natural flakes.
- Sun-cured alfalfa is moderately high in protein, high in calories and digestible fiber and low in sugar and carbohydrates.
- Suitable for growing horses, horses sensitive to carbohydrates, horses with gastric ulcers and mares late in pregnancy.
- Natural forage is grown to a specific length that is intended to mimic grazing.
- Noxious weed-free, certified by the State of Idaho Department of Agriculture.
- All Standlee products are proudly made in the USA.
When the compressed bale of hay is manufactured, fractures in the forage are created, which can sometimes resemble dust. These fractures are actually very palatable for horses and are often considered the “candy” of the bale.
Horses kick up their heels for Tribute Essential K GC + Ration Balancer Horse Supplement! This nutrient-dense pellet supplement is a low-calorie method of making sure your stable mates get their essentials during every meal. Simply add to the normal rations of idle, breeding, growing and performance horses. Formulated with glucosamine, chondroitin sulfate and organic sulfur (MSM), this supplement is beneficial for joint support and range of motion. These hearty horse pellets are low in non-structural carbohydrates (NSC) and fortified with biotin for strong, healthy hooves.
- A nutrient-dense concentrated supplement is a low-calorie pellet method of supplying vital nutrients to every meal.
- Helps ensure a well-balanced diet for idle, breeding, growing and performance horses.
- A feed that’s low in non-structural carbohydrates (NSC) may be beneficial for hyperactive or horses with insulin resistance, laminitis, obesity or tying-up issues.
- Fortified with biotin for strong, healthy hooves.
- Designed to provide optimal levels of antioxidants, vitamin E, vitamin C and selenium.
Set the table for the whole herd! Provide a nourishing and delicious feed for a wide variety of animals with the Sweet Country Feeds Formulated Horse Feed! This textured feed is formulated for equine maintenance, weaned cattle on pasture, and –because there’s no added copper—safe for sheep and goats!
- Nourishing feed that’s convenient for diverse herd owners.
- Great taste that’s highly palatable for multiple species of livestock.
- No added copper means this feed is safe for sheep and goats.
- Formulated with a textured blend.
- Complete nutrition for equine maintenance weaned cattle on pasture, sheep and goats.
Bluebonnet Feeds Intensify Senior Therapy Horse Food is a dust-free, grain-free feed specially designed for your senior hoofed buddy or for horses with sensitive digestive systems. Formulated by equine nutrition experts, it contains high-quality protein sources and elevated fat levels. It’s suitable for growth, performance, breeding and maintenance horses of all ages. Use it as a complete feed or in addition to hay or pasture. This versatile recipe is also ideal for horses with dust allergies and those with poor teeth.
- Dust-free feed may be used as a total diet replacement.
- Low in NSC, non-structural carbohydrates, with only 6% sugar and 6% starch.
- Grain-free food is ideal for senior horses, horses with dust allergies and horses with poor teeth.
- Includes nutrition from organic trace minerals, vitamins, kelp seaweed, yucca and biotin.
- Specially-formulated recipe contains natural digestive enzymes, prebiotics and probiotics to support your horse’s healthy gut function.
Do not feed to sheep or other copper sensitive species
Stabul 1 Fenugreek Horse Food is specially designed for your horse pal who’s prone to being overweight or who has had health conditions like equine polysaccharide storage myopathy, insulin resistance, equine metabolic syndrome, Cushing’s disease, laminitis or colic. It’s a high-fiber, low-carbohydrate, low-starch locked formula designed for all breeds of horses. Your hoofed buddy will love the fenugreek taste, and you’ll feel good knowing the recipe is made without fillers like corn, oats, molasses or added iron and has less than 10% starch and sugar!
- Contains less than 10% dietary starch and ethanol soluble sugars.
- Locked formula is high in fiber to support your horse’s digestive health.
- Made without corn, oats, molasses or added iron.
- Made in the USA.
- Specially designed for horses, ponies and mules who have chronic health issues including Cushing’s disease, founder or colic.
If your “mane” man needs some extra TLC, Tribute Equine Nutrition Senior Sport Horse Feed fits the bill with a high fat content and highly digestible fiber to support calmer performances without a loss of energy or body condition. This feed contains higher levels of vitamin E to support the immune and muscular systems, and an optimal balance of essential amino acids, organic minerals, fatty acids and antioxidants to support your horse’s dietary requirements and encourage peak performance. It’s excellent for hard-keepers and horses requiring less NSC in their diets, like those who are hyperactive or have conditions such as ulcers. Organic minerals replenish body tissue stores depleted during daily activities and exercise with your trusty steed!
- The complete feed may be used for total forage replacement.
- Appropriate for hooved friends ages 2 and older.
- Essential fatty acids, omega 3 and 6, for healthy skin, hair and tissue function.
- It contains a microencapsulated active dry yeast that acts as a pre and probiotic to increase total diet digestibility and improve your companion’s overall gut health.
- Optimal balance of essential amino acids for your hoofed buddy’s muscle maintenance and recovery.