Maintaining a horse feed and health can be a tricky affair because there are so many things to consider. There are diseases that horses are prone to, like ulcer and thrush, and then there are those that come due to special conditions, like backache and diabetes. As horses age, they are prone to get arthritis, which can be yet another source of concern for you as an equestrian. However, it doesn’t have to be because all you need is the best supplement for arthritis in horses. In this article, we’ll show you some of the best arthritis supplements money can buy, as well as give you tips on how to choose the right one for your equine.
You’re already familiar with what to look out for when shopping for joint supplements. All that’s left now is to show you 15 of the best arthritis supplements available online.
Bluebonnet Feeds Intensify Omega Force Horse Food is a grain-free feed designed specifically to meet the nutritional demands of horses in training. Formulated by equine nutrition experts, this protein-rich feed contains flaxseed and fish oil for omega-3 fatty acids. Low levels of starch, sugar and non-structural carbohydrates team up with increased levels of organic selenium and vitamin E—all of which are essential for your buddy’s ultimate athletic performance. Plus, this recipe includes organic trace minerals, kelp seaweed, yucca and biotin, which pack a powerful nutritional punch for your hardworking steed.
- Designed for horses in training in all life stages.
- Highly-concentrated formula allows a lower feeding rate than traditional horse feeds.
- Low in NSC, non-structural carbohydrates, with only 5% sugar and 10% starch.
- Contains natural digestive enzymes, prebiotics and probiotics to support your horse’s healthy gut function.
- Contains flaxseed and fish oil, natural sources of omega-3 fatty acids.
Do not feed to sheep or other copper sensitive species
Provide your mature hoofed friend with the nourishment he needs with Buckeye Nutrition Safe N’ Easy Senior Horse Food. This easy-to-chew diet is ideal for all older horses and ponies, especially those with dental issues. It contains limited carbohydrates at a maximum of 14.5 percent NSC to help support his metabolism. This food includes a tailored blend of prebiotics and probiotics to improve overall gut health. It is also fortified with amino acids, vitamins and minerals with an appetizing apple aroma. With no corn or molasses, Buckeye Nutrition Safe N’ Easy Senior Food supports horses and ponies with carbohydrate sensitivities.
- Extruded feed that provides your mature hoofed friend with the nourishment he needs.
- Easy-to-chew diet ideal for all older horses and ponies, especially those with dental issues.
- Contains limited carbohydrates at a maximum of 14.5 percent NSC to help support metabolism.
- Fortified with amino acids, vitamins and minerals with an appetizing apple aroma.
- Supports horses and ponies with carbohydrate sensitivities.
Nourish your stallion with superior-quality nutrition by feeding him Standlee Premium Beet Pulp Pellets Horse Forage. These pellets are formed from dried sugar beet pulp—after the sugar has been removed from the sugar beet, the beet pulp is the pulp that remains. They create minimal waste and can be easily and accurately weighed and measured. These high-density ¼ inch pellets are high in calories making them especially perfect for underweight equine friends. Completely submerge these dehydrated pellets in water for a minimum of 15 to 30 minutes prior to feeding, or until properly softened. Standlee always ensures the freshest and best quality food to support the health of your pal!
- High density ¼ inch beet pulp pellets are high in calories, low in protein, and serves as an excellent low-sugar fiber source for your equine friend.
- Recommended for underweight horses, performance horses, senior horses, horses that are sensitive to carbohydrates, as well as pregnant and lactating mares.
- These premium beet pulp pellets are formulated with minimal dust.
- Creates minimal waste and can be weighed and measured with accuracy.
- All Standlee products are proudly made in the USA.
Support your mature hoofed friend with Buckeye Nutrition Senior Balancer Horse Food. It provides daily joint support with MSM, vitamins and minerals while aiding in overall digestive health. This diet is high in antioxidants including vitamins E, C and selenium to support senior immune health. This versatile balancer also complements a forage-first diet for total nutritional care with no additional supplements needed. Help topline and overall muscle condition with Buckeye Nutrition Senior Balancer Horse Food.
- Pelleted ration balancer to support your mature hoofed friend.
- Provides daily joint support with MSM, vitamins and minerals.
- High in antioxidants including vitamins E, C and selenium to support senior immune health.
- Complements a forage-first diet for total nutritional care with no additional supplements needed.
- Helps topline and overall muscle condition while aiding in overall digestive health.
Nourish your stallion with superior-quality nutrition by feeding him Standlee Premium Alfalfa Grab and Go Compressed Bale. The naturally sun-cured alfalfa forage is moderately high in protein, low in sugar, high in calories and digestible fiber to support the health of your equine friend. The compressed bale is formulated by allowing Standlee’s Premium Western Forage to grow to a length that mimics natural grazing for your pal—the plants are then cut and air-dried under the sun. The forage is bailed at the optimal time to ensure the freshest and best quality feed for your friend and fractures in the forage create a palatable residue for your sidekick that resembles dust. Bands on the hay should be cut 8-10 hours prior to feeding to allow the bale to expand and form natural flakes.
- Sun-cured alfalfa is moderately high in protein, high in calories and digestible fiber and low in sugar and carbohydrates.
- Suitable for growing horses, horses sensitive to carbohydrates, horses with gastric ulcers and mares late in pregnancy.
- Natural forage is grown to a specific length that is intended to mimic grazing.
- Standlee Grab & Go Compressed Bale Horse Forage is suitable for horses of all ages.
- All Standlee products are proudly made in the USA.
When the compressed bale of hay is manufactured, fractures in the forage are created, which can sometimes resemble dust. These fractures are actually very palatable for horses and are often considered the “candy” of the bale.